Rule303
(.416 member)
21/10/14 05:28 PM
Re: Remington 700 Safari grade.

Quote:

Quote:

Quite true. They sell because of $ value + the dont come apart at the seams like some other rifles do. That is catastrophic failure.

The other thing for me personaly is I have suffered more failures from Mauser and other CRF rifles than I have with my Rems.

What sort of problems were these? And what exactly were the brands of rifle, or if original mil actions etc?

Interested in the causes and also what the "catastrophic failures" of rifles you have had? Thanks.

John not all the rifle were owned by me. Most of the problems- some M98's & Ruger 77- could be traced back to the extractor timing-so I found out latter in life. I have had bouble feeds twith the M98's of mates. These problems are why I swore off them in my younger years.

Once I learned more about them I started to appreciate M98 and it's clones. I now have several CRF -other than SMLE's.

I have never had a catastrophic failure but others have. I have not heard of a Rem 700 action ( or Ruger 77's, Steyr Prohunters)coming apart at the seems but plenty of Sako's, Browning, Howa's and M98 have. These are the ones I have heard of. The M98 is understandable if it was a late war time production and turned into a magnum sporter or similar. I have not heard of a Tikka action failing. Just because I have not heard of a brand/model failing does not mean some, somewhere have not. Yes I would think most would of been due to bad reloading or safety practices by the owner.

Not trying or wanting to start a Brand bashing exercise here, just pointing out that there are exceptions to the rule.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com