Ripp
(.577 member)
18/10/14 12:13 AM
Re: Remington 700 Safari grade.

Quote:

I have owned quite a few Remington Rifles over the years...at least 2 dozen, and I've only ever had trouble with one, and that problem was taken care of while under warranty. They've all been very accurate, with none of them shooting groups larger than 2 1/2 inches moa with factory ammunition, and none larger than 1 1/4 inches with hand loads. Never had any extraction or ejection problems either. For the money, I think they offer the average working man or woman a decent, functional, and reliable weapon.

I would guess I have owned at least that many as well..and have experienced zero problems with any of them..some have shot better than others but most have been very accurate.. I hear often of the problems described above, but in owned them for over 35 years and having shot hundreds of game, no failures..but just me experience, may be different for others..

Having said all that, one of my PH's in Zim in 2008 had the exact rifle in camp for his backup if the .458 Win actually broke as the stock was in very poor condition..I left him my leftover ammo for it when I left..Ian Gibson of Chifuti was his name..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com