buckstix
(.400 member)
24/01/14 10:28 PM
Re: 475 A&M Mag - See My New BREVEX Rifle & Would Like More Info

Hello Igorrock,

Yes, Nils Hultgren takes a little getting used to. On the other side of the Atlantic, he did Religious Statues and Coo-Coo Clocks. That's why some say he was a little Coo-Coo when he went "Super Radical" with his Custom Stocks while at Winslow.

I personally like this one. Its a nice example of Nils' skill in stock making / carving, but not "too" over the top. I think the acorns in the border are meant as a reminder that when shooting this cannon, you'll knock the nuts out of the trees.

UPDATE --- UPDATE ---- UPDATE

I got the following info from a member on another forum. "Your gun is in the 1974 Guns & Ammo Annual, page 174."

Well isn't this something? Exactly 40 years ago my exact same newly acquired rifle was in a magazine. The article was about Big-Bore Wildcats written by Jack Lott. Unfortunately he does not give any details as to when, or for who, the rifle was made. The only info about my rifle was the information in the 3 captions. Maybe it "was" made for Jack P Lott, himself and someone got the middle initial wrong, engraving a "D", instead of a "P".

It looks like this article may bring the Nils Hultgren connection into question. I need to do more research. So I wonder, who was Shaw?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com