FrankS
(.300 member)
22/12/13 11:16 PM
Re: Is a Lee Enfield good for building anything?

Regarding the 375/303, I had questioned the guys at pacific tool and guage and was told they had no such cartridge print on file. They do have the 375x21/2 though. I had explained just the 303 case necked up to take the 375 bullet. And still was met with confusion. Think what I'm going to do is make up a dummy cartridge loaded with a 275 or so jacketd bullet and a heavy for caliber 375 cast bullet. And then see what happens. I have a 375 blank on hand and while part of it has been turned down there is enough metal for the threads and breeching up against the front of the receiver. And the receiver which was horribly pitted and rusted is now in the white with the bridge removed and part of the left sidewall cut down. All by norwegian steam and files. Came out pretty good if I do say so myself.All I will need to finish it up is get the barrel fitted and turned down to a easonable weight, bead blast and blue. Will use the military wood as there is plenty to work with on a $4 forestock. Frank

Of course there aslo is my husky in 9.3x57, could use that bbl and make a 9.5x57 and shoot 375caliber bullets also.Frank

Contact Us NitroExpress.com