93x64mm
(.416 member)
05/12/13 09:26 PM
Re: 416 Rigby feeding problems

My CZ 550 in .404 Jeffery had a feed issue from the start & the worse trigger I've ever had bar none!
It would not pick up any rounds at all; the ordinary trigger pull was terrible & the set trigger was hit & miss affair, being only sometimes it would actually work.
As it was a display gun I didn't have much of a come back & it was bought sight unseen.
I ended up putting a tapered block in the back of the mag well (held with a lock-tighted screw)to force the follower to tilt forwards.

I got the idea of a bloke in the US who had the same issue as myself!
Yes I did try to stretch the z spring but to no avail!
Once this was done it functioned perfectly & I didn't lose any mag capacity (5), but I have to seat my cast projectiles a bit deeper that I prefer, I'm not sure how they will go when I load them up a bit (Group 2 loads for BGR) hopefully they will not seat too far back into the powder space!

As a safari classic it should have come factory bedded & better wood - well better than a work gun timber than I got! I can live with those issues - but the thing that annoys me more than anything is that CZ (Winchester Australia is their agent here) didn't want to do anything about it - I didn't even a single reply to my emails!
These are not cheap rifles (well compared to some of the stuff you guys have); but these should be at least functioning correctly when they leave the factory.
Not Happy Jan!
I feel sorry for the poor buggers with they .416's!
It's a shame CZ have such a good reputation here in OZ, they are good rifles - just need a few fixes that's all....like a bolt disassembly like the old Mauser, coning apart totally with no tools!
And some to check that the bloody thing works as it should be fore it leaves the factory!
Regards
93x64mm

Contact Us NitroExpress.com