buckstix
(.400 member)
28/11/13 04:52 AM
Re: UNKNOWN 505 GIBBS MAUSER - Anyone recognize these names?

Quote:

Hello 500Nitro,

I bought this rifle on Thursday evening, and our 9-day hunting season started on Saturday. So- too little time, and too much to kill....
buckstix

Looks like the "Scout-Scope" feature for my 505 Gibbs works just fine. I love it when a newly acquired rifle, draws blood the same year.

The deer came out of the pines about 70 yards distant. He was standing in knee-high grass and faced straight at me. When I shot, the recoil set me back a bit, and when I regained my balance, he had totally "vanished" from sight. I never saw which way he ran. I approached to where I last saw him, and started looking for a blood trail.

And there he was. When hit, the deer dropped with all four legs still under him. He never knew what hit him.

My diary reads, "2013 season. Hunting with newly purchased Brevex 505 Gibbs "Scout" Safari rifle. Success at 7:30 a.m. this morning, from about 70 yards, - a standing front-on shot, 6" below the throat. Bullet went through the neck, across the top of the chest cavity, and lodged into the spine. Dropped like a stone. Big deer, small rack".

Contact Us NitroExpress.com