DarylS
(.700 member)
20/01/13 04:00 AM
Re: Old ZKK602 converted to 404 Jeffery

Those rifles are quite special boys. My first 602 was purchased early in 1973 - January, it was and had a lovely piece of walnut for it's wood. Like the DORLEAC rifle, it-too was chambered in .358 Norma Mag., just like the top rifle.

About mid 1974, I re-barreled it with a .375H&H BRNO barrel that came off a new '602' unfired, that was barreled up and altered to .505 Barnes Supreme. The .375 H&H BRNO barrel screwed onto my action and headspaced perfectly. How about that luck, sights straight up and aligned! I used it with cast bullets as my first 100 yard 3-position rifle, with the little pop-up peep - I made Marksman with it - then built a real position rifle. The early ZKK602's were quite special.

Both barrels went with it when I sold it to a fellow over on Vancouver Island for his deer and black bear shooting. Along with it went a couple hundred 270gr. Power Points, brass, dies, etc. His friends & hunting buddies all laughed at him with "That Cannon", until he started dumping deer and bear on the spot, no tracking, and was able, as Elmer used to say, "you can eat right down to the hole".

I saw him again a couple years later and attempted to buy it back from him. He laughed and said he could hardly sell it to me as he's turned down every one of his friends - they all wanted it too.

They are Special! That DORLEAC rifle runs to SPECTACULAR in my eyes!!

Thanks.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com