pjaln
(.375 member)
07/06/12 02:12 AM
Re: 458 custom

the gun started out as ,,i have an action what do i do??? so a friend in idaho had a 458 barrel so i say ok ,,,took the bolt over to a local friend ,we bent the bolt handle to my specs,sent a scetch to jasper rayburn for the rear site base and it also has an integral recoil lug ,,the wisner front site (if i remember correctly)was shaped by me,as well as opening up the magazine rails ,,i did the final shaping of the stock ,designed the front and rear sling eyes (which were built by roger green)he also made sure that the feeding was ok seeing that i tried to make it work myself ,,the stock was inletted by bruce russell i put the recoil pad on myself that i got from griffin &howe,,i put the finish on it which is behlen oil stain with about 15 coats of varnish mixed with mcloskeys drier so i could hand rub it ,,,,back then i done a lot of experimenting with finishes,,roger green sent it to a women to checker it ,i cant recall who she was ,,,by all means this was not a dream gun it was just a way to use the action.......paul

Contact Us NitroExpress.com