Sauercollector
(.224 member)
28/12/11 04:34 AM
Re: 404 BBL WT. Question-Jeffery Project

Hi everyone...thanks for your emails and for your posted replys. Your responses thus far have given me pause about the wt question I posted above. I weighed some of the other components that I have on hand. The action weighs in at 3.5 lbs. And a Ruger 77 '06 take off stock (just to get a rough idea of a stock weight)is 2 lbs exactly. So bbl wt at 3.5, Action wt at 3.5 and stock at 2.0 lbs brings component wts to more or less 9.0 lbs (sans scope). chosen Stock blank is dense turkish so it will likely be a bit heavier than blk walnut when finished. I would not classify myself as recoil shy but I do shoot several 9,3 x 74R double rifles and at 9.0 lbs each (with out pads) I am "done" shooting these after about a dozen to eighteen rounds or so. On another note, I recived my used Swarvoski Habich 1.5 fixed power scope today from Europe. (purchased at auction) Best Christmas present I could have gotton myself this year!. However it is 1.0 inch tube and not 30mm like I need. No worries though. Got a few other project rifles I can mate it to. I'm pondering contacting Krieger this week and see what they tell me about a possible replacement bbl. Not holding out much hope (virtually none!) but you never know. thanks to all and best regards, Sauercollector/Jeff

Contact Us NitroExpress.com