Sauercollector
(.224 member)
27/12/11 02:51 AM
404 BBL WT. Question-Jeffery Project

Looking for member feedback on the wt of a recently rec'd .404 Jeffery bbl. The BBL in question is a Krieger Chrome-Moly #5 contour (bull sporter)at 26 in length. BBL wt as rec'd is 3.5 lbs on the money. The estimated finished wt as listed on their website is noted at approx 4 lb. For those that have experience with custom big bore rifle projects, my question is if this bbl will be too light in wt for a .404 Jeffery bolt gun with a desired finish wt of between 9.5 lbs to 10lbs? (less scope) BBL is unthreaded and I expect finish length to be 24 inches (it will get lighter!)

Briefly the project is being built on a pre WW1 model 98 Mauser factory Single Square Bridge, with the German set trigger set up. (two triggers-not sure if I will retain this configuration). Bottom metal and follower has been purchased from aftermarket supplier to allow a four down configuraion. Project is strictly in pieces and is currently in the "component gathering" mode. Anyway your feed back on the question above is requested. Thanks in advance, Sauercollector/Jeff

Contact Us NitroExpress.com