HogPilot
(.300 member)
23/09/11 03:55 PM
Re: 416 Ruger, Best 416 of all??

I got into a bit of a pissing contest on AR with a guy who has "lots of experience" over which 416 is best. He's on this forum as well so I don't want to kick that argument off again but I will say that the Rigby is my favorite. I just appreciate the history of the classics and the sound design that made them popular for all these years. How many "new" designs have come and gone, been invented, faded, and re-invented with a new name over the years, all the while the classics just keep on trucking along! That being said, from what I've seen so far, I like NE better than AR for a place to hang out. It seems, so far, that differences of opinion are more tolerated here.

By the way, I also ran those "Rifle Runs" at Aviation Officer Candidates school with the Marine DI's back in 85 and agree that a little bit heaver gun just means a little more work in the gym instead of getting rid of what works for something "New". I'm not in the kind of shape I once was, but I just don't think I have ever been on a hunt where I thought to myself that my rifle was imposing with its weight. My belly yes, my rifle no! That includes hunting the San Juan Mountains, steep and high, in Southwest Colorado for Elk, hauling a Wby Mark V, 340 Mag fully loaded.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com