atkinson6
(.375 member)
28/08/04 07:02 AM
Re: Woodleigh failures?

I have based my posts on the extensive use of the Woodleigh 350 gr. 375 and the Woodleigh 450 gr. 416 not on someone elses story of failure..In fact I was the first one to field test those two bullets in African on quite a few Buffalo....

I have used Woodleighs for years on dangerous game in various calibers such as the 450-400, 404 Jefferys, 505 Gibbs, 470 N.E. and 458 Lott , and only had one failure..Thats a good track record and I don't consider that going overboard on woodleighs, I am just reporting what you asked..I have a box full of expanded woodleighs that have been taken from game, not some sand box....

If I like a product then I will give it my all, if I dislike a product I will hammer them, you can bet on that. I'm in accord with Ross Seyfreid who said when anyone tells me a Nosler ( I will add Woodliegh and Northfork to that) I will take that with a grain of salt, until they prove it too me..

I suspect some bullets of any make fail because the were used on game that they were never intended to be used on..I have had Noslers, Corelokts, Hornadys, and many others fail when using a big bore on Impala, Hartebeest ands other plainsgame, of course they wont open unless you get a lot of big bone, then again they don't really need to as they still kill and leave a good blood trail..I use solids on plainsgame for camp meat...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com