fourbore
(.275 member)
08/05/11 12:52 PM
Re: 416 Ruger, Best 416 of all??

You know this kind of practical talk and classical bent would get you all banned over on the AR forum. Well, that and criticism of muzzle brakes and rebated rims. I expressed this same view on the 375/416 Ruger and you would think I spat on the pope. And GD, here we have 13 posts in a row all saying the same thing.

There is a guy over there who is going to run an experiment to 'prove' the 375 Ruger is BETTER than the 375H&H. Not equall in a short ctg, but significantly better. The great efficiency of the sharper shoulder. When I suggest there might be some feeding advantage to the long tapered 375H&H that offset any marginal efficiency of the new Ruger -- oh my good, all hell broke loose again.

There has also been a few reports of feeding and extraction problems with some of the 375 Rugers. Nothing ever sorted out clearly. I suspect a combination of Superformance loading and new gun bugs by Ruger. One guy claimed he got two lemons in a row! He sounded credible to me, but was clearly not believed by a few of the more outspoken AR members. Maybe just a few lemons.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com