fourbore
(.275 member)
08/05/11 12:28 PM
Re: Anyone familiar with the CZ 550 Safari grade rifles?

A while back I was seriously thinking about a 9.3 x 62 as a North American big gun in the kevlar carbine model. I like the heavy bullets offered in factory loaded 9.3 ammo with a light easy carry carbine. Not right now, but maybe someday.

In the $3.5k price range for an African DG rifle, the origional question asked, I whole hardheartedly endorse his choice of a custom shop CZ. This guy has 3500 budget let him live a little and enjoy life. I think a 416 Rigby custom shop CZ with hi grade wood and extra bells whistles would be a great gun. Or what ever caliber and bbl length desired. And in spirit of full disclosure, I know the guns work well, but I never hunted Africa or anything like that heavy dangerous game. I just like shooting big bores for fun. The 9.3, I could hunt with, but that seems a much lighter class gun to me.

For some reason that probably makes little practical sense, I like the idea of the 450 Rigby. I dont know much about it. A bottle neck case for reliable feeding and extra capacity for lower pressure loading at the same performance level of the Lott. I am sure you loose magazine capacity. And where to get factory ammo? I found I can squeeze 6 down in my 458Lott CZ, not saying that works very well, but there is room for more than enough Rigby size rounds. I know the Lott or one of the 416's would be far more practical, but as long as we are listing some of the options for CZ that is one I think about sometimes.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com