portdivers
(.224 member)
07/05/11 09:05 PM
Re: Anyone familiar with the CZ 550 Safari grade rifles?

Having a CZ 550 .375 H&H , I recommended a friend joining BGRC to buy a new CZ 550 Safari Classic Magnum in .375 H&H. Having only seen the belly of the firearm when rested in the shop rack, I was so impressed with the new style stock when I saw it up close, I rang and had a remaining .416 Rigby put aside.

At a price of around $1,300 for the .416 I could afford to have the ugly screw head cross bolts replaced and blanked with horn, a grip cap and escutchen, a nice red pachymer pad is soon to be fitted, will it make the rifle shoot any better, I don't know, but gee it looks nice dressed up.

To make matters worse a CZ 550 Safari Classic Magnum in .458 wm in a Bell and Carlson composite stock had been sitting unsold on the shelf for months, that being around the $1,800 mark was a steal with nothing to spend on the stock.

They are running in good, feed and extract well, and accurate to boot. Well under $3,000, reliable and rock solid as ever, the rrp on these big bores are a steal for what you get.

Yes, I could have bought a 500 Jeffrey is CZ 550 but having a ZKK 602 action begging for a custom build, well that's on it's way to keep the others company.

An honest rifle at an honest price.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com