DrJon
(.224 member)
03/08/04 09:10 AM
Re: winchester safari express vs Ruger ExpressvsDa

Eric,
Thanks for the information. I am back from my little vacation this weekend, where I was able to try-out/break-in/sight-in my M70. Other than the last round feed problem, the gun worked very well. I even would say it was a great pleasure to shoot. The recoil was not nearly as heavy as I expected (Remington 270gr soft nose factory load). I also found the stock design to fit me well. It shot a bit low, even with the sight cranked all the way up, so I may be looking toward the aftermarket. In trying to completely disassemble it, I found the action was bedded very well; so well that I was unable to separate the barrel and action from the stock (is there a trick to this?)! I managed to upload a picture of my follower (top view, not a very good shot, still trying to work out my camera):

is the what yours looks like? I have a replacement, non-Winchester follower on order from Brownells that should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully this will cure my problem. In either case, I will let the group know how it turns out.

-Jon

Contact Us NitroExpress.com