4seventy
(Sponsor)
27/01/11 07:03 PM
Re: 1980 BRNO 602 .458 Win Mag Photos

Quote:

Looking to do something similar to an unfired 1982 Brno 602 in 375 H&H I just picked up.
Might shorten the barrel to 24",fit cross bolts,oil finish and bed it.

Looking for a standard trigger as well if you know of any ?.If not Tony Small will make one the same as the one he made for my 404j.

It looks like a very practical setup 470.

Neale,
Wow, an unfired '82 in .375 H&H, nice score! That sort of thing doesn't come along too often, that's for sure.
Based on how your other big bores have turned out, I'm sure it will be very nice also when completed.

I don't know of any standard triggers for the BRNO's at present, but if anything turns up you'll be the first to know.

Yeah, my rifle was practical and quite plain.
I was living at St George at the time and that's why there is no checkering on the stock.
I bought a Geoff Slee inletted stock straight out of the pantograph, and fitted it up and finished it myself.
Just never found the time to send it off to have some checkering done.
The rifle had come with it's original stock, but the comb was way too low for me. It was also cracked in a couple of places, and there was a piece chipped out behind the tang.
The barrel had already been shortened and ported when I got it.
Ron Webb said he thought that he had done the barrel shortening work.
My 500gn loads were doing over 2100fps, but the gun was very comfortable to shoot for a 458.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com