Dr_Deer
(.300 member)
25/11/10 11:57 AM
Re: How popular is the 416 Taylor? (MD)

Quote:

Quote:

Second, being a lever aficionado, I would love some day to have a custom Browning BLR built in .416 Taylor or maybe the new .416 Ruger. That would be a modern levergun I would scope and use on virtually anything, anywhere on the planet.

A gunsmith mate of mine has anready built 3 Browning BLR's in 416 Ruger, he starts with a 300 Win Mag and using the takedown feature, rebarrels to 416 Ruger, no other modifications at all. Feeds great, they shoot really well, other than recoil being a bit heavy.
He now has an engineering firm making the "locking recess" part to then have a number of barrels already chambered and headspaced, making it a true switch barrel affair.

David.

David,

Good to know someone is cornering this market, any chance of naming the 'smith (by PM if you wish)?

It would also be interesting to know if they went the whole hog and are producing enlarged lever loops for "gloved hands" aka those with big hands who do not fancy having them crushed in the manner that Marlin .45/70's with full house loads are notorious for.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com