Trex
(.224 member)
20/07/04 04:23 AM
Re: Suggestions for Two Battery Rifle for Africa

500NE,

Thanks for the suggestions. I am heading to South Africa in 2006 (summer). I have hunted in Tanzania up by Arusha and Longido close to the Kenyan border. I saw a great many bufs and lions while hunting there and the land was absolutely beautiful. I was there three months on business and one week hunting. As to my rifles - I am absolutely comfortable with any of the ones I mentioned. I have no problem with the 458 Lott (at least not the first ten rounds). I took an Eland with my 375 last time I was in Africa and it did the trick. You are correct in stating their weight. When I got to the beast I couldn't believe how much he weighed. The steaks were absolutely delicious! I hadn't considered the ammuntion situation - but you are correct in stating that if you don't have a gun for the ammo some countries will not let you take them with you. In all likehood I will probably take the 375 and 458. I like the 375 for range and knock down power on the larger plains game but I really feel comfortable with the Lott on the Buff.

Thanks
Trex

Contact Us NitroExpress.com