Eric
(.224 member)
15/07/04 05:00 AM
Re: winchester safari express vs Ruger ExpressvsDakota

blackbearhunter: I have looked at the Win M70, Ruger mag express and the CZ 550 (also a whole lot of really nice rifles I can not afford). I chose the Win M70 in 375 H&H and 416 Rem. I have not been disappointed in these rifles. Have adjusted the trigger pull weights down and cleaned them up a bit and took out the factory bedding compound? and re-done with brownells agraglass.(both primary and secondary recoil lugs, the rear shoulders on the action and a 1" barrel pad in front of the primary lug). Also lock-tighted the cross bolt, and make sure the action screws are thight and started shooting. Both shoot very well, 1" or better with the 375 H&H with 300 gr bullets and so far between one and one and a half in the 416 REM with 400 gr bullets. Both are accurate and a lot of fun. I have a CZ on order in 458 Lott and really look forward to working with it. I have tried to get a Ruger in 458 Lott for over a year and a half, I don't think the are making them( or their side x side shotgun. Too busy fooling with new cartridges and rifles that no one needs, like the .204 ruger?). I am not sorry in my choice and these perform very well and I won't be afraid of taking these on some hard hunts. Good luck on your choice. ERIC

Contact Us NitroExpress.com