9.3x57
(.450 member)
06/02/10 12:37 AM
Re: XAUSA and his 505 Short Range Express!!

Quote:

Altahma thanks for sharing looks like a great idea that really did work.

Regards,

MOG

The stock idea is fantastic and should IMO be chased by others. I have never fully swallowed the whole hook, line and sinker about what shape a stock should be, particularly about the need for lots of drop "on a gun to be fired from the shoulder". Seems like if a guy can comfortably see the sights that is all that matters, especially if by design the gun can be built to direct recoil forces away from the face by keeping the muzzle down, or otherwise.

As an encouragement to others who might want to "have at it", some years ago in order to eliminate face impact due to a neck condition of mine, I took a hoof rasp to a factory HVA stock, removed everything that came near my cheekbones and found the result to be one of the easiest shooting guns I'd ever fired. I'm sure others have dispelled a few other ideas about stock design and what works, even if it only works for themselves and/or a few. Bill's looks like a pretty good winner for a lot of folks.

This is what I really enjoy about Bill's project.

He formed an idea, took what was available, went to work and then took the finished product out and proved its worth!! And the final result is hard to beat!

There are always those who form baseless opinions, some who copy other's ideas, and those who won't accept anything but what somebody else says works.

XAUSA ignored the mainstream and built a model for all of us to emulate!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com