Altamaha
(.333 member)
02/02/10 09:22 AM
Re: 510 Wells Build Questions

Hansol,

Keep in mind that nothing has been done to the Enfield action in the photos other than milling the rear sight rails off. Rear bridge needs to be contoured, ejection port needs to be altered, clip slot needs to be milled away and much other work, including new bolt handle, cock on opening modification and trigger work or a new trigger. And the usual opening up of the rails for the larger cartridge and making a new magazine box. Somewhere around the shop I have a hinged floorplate I made for the Enfields. The Enfields take a lot of work, but if done correctly, results in a nice looking action. I think Duane Weibe (customgunandrifle.com)in Tacoma is now CNC machining a floorplate for the Enfields.

Post here or PM me if you have more questions.

Below we have 8 more actions I have stashed away for future projects. Three on the right are Remingtons, 5 on the left are Winchesters. Remingtons are preferred as they do not have the recess milled in the rear bridge for a sight spring as in the Winchesters. Eddystones are generally avoided as they often have a crack in the front receiver ring.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com