FATBOY404
(.400 member)
10/01/10 05:45 PM
404 Jeffery project underway

Well my 404 project rolls on.I purchased a Brno ZKK 602 from Alex Beer that was formally a 458 win.I had it sent to Tony Small of NIKAL TRADITIONAL GUNSMIHING to have all the metal work done.Tony fitted a quarter rib & express sight,a barrel band and a barrel band ramp front sight.He also made a new trigger as I couldnt find one of the ordinary curved triggers that they came with and I really dislike the idea of a set trigger on a dangerous game rifle.All of the extra's are from Graeme Spraggon including the 24 inch Walther barrel and Recknagel gear.He also supplied the quarter rib bar stock which I think is great value as it has already been cnc machined to fit the barrel and they are untouched on top to let the gunsmiths do their thing.Graeme can supply these to fit the #722 & #724 Walther profile and Tony said it saved him a lot of time and me a lot of money.
Geof Slee has supplied the xxx blank with nice figure that I hope will come out as nice as my 9.3.
It is on its way to have the stock made by Daryl Stevens who also did my 9.3.It will have 2 cross bolts , skeletonised grip cap ,recoil pad (red),inletted swivel base,bedding & 26 lpi checkering done,then it is back to Tony to be rust blued.Will keep you posted,Cheers Neale.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com