9.3x57
(.450 member)
17/09/09 12:21 PM
Re: Pick a .416 Cal cartridge! Which would you go for?

I cannot at this point see that I would have a need for a .416, but reading about them and speaking to those who own them and need them convinces me that I agree with Daryl. Each one is splendid in its own right. They are all really superb cartridges, with the downsides of one being the selling features of another.

I do know which I'd go with, tho, and not because it is "superior" but rather because it "Does it all in a short action, brass readily available".

Sounds familiar, huh??

Thanks 500.

I gotta agree, as much as I like the history of the Rigby and the others for various reasons, I know me and I know I'd pick the one I could shoot for cheapest, and the Taylor would do it best in that regard.

I also like the fact that the Taylor with its small case would likely be very easy to work up light loads; 300's or 400's at 2000 fps would make great Bear Med'cine and the gun could be made very light to handle such loads, too.

I think it was Our Marrakai who has a Taylor Meat Gun that he shoots something like a 400/2250 load in that he says kills all very well indeed.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com