Ripp
(.577 member)
08/06/09 12:35 PM
Re: Pick a .416 Cal cartridge! Which would you go for?

Quote:

for what its worth 375 h&h opperates at 44,000 units of preasure and the 416 remmy is 45,000 so why has noone ever claimed the 375 sticks but the remmy does

IMHO, someone who didn't know what the hell they were doing either built a gun incorrectly or operator error...as I stated..I have shot in temps over 100F..never had a problem..no indication of it in any way..even when I have "stoked" them up a bit...even with a “ cheap” Remington action…also have one in a mauser style action as well, fully custom from head to toe…but, being the red-neck I am, still prefer the custom shop Remington…sorry…was what I grew up with ..no place like home..

Do think the Rigby is an awesome caliber and for nothing more than nostalgia..might get the nod from me the next time I get the urge to do another .416...

As to the mention that someone would need more penetration than the Rigby or Remington offer..can't really see that...shot a cow elephant with a 400 gr Barnes solid ..went in above her right eye..out behind the left ear..hit a tree behind her about 40 ft and kept going...have shot buffalo where the bullet entered in the rear and penetrated the entire body..those loads were chronographed at about 2445fps...using RL-15...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com