tkv000
(.300 member)
09/05/09 03:14 PM
Re: 416 Rigby or 458 Lott

I have to throw my opinion in, as I just got back from the shooting range a few minutes ago, after shooting my new (to me) 416 Rigby, that I traded straight up for my 458 Lott. I traded the Winchester Model 70 Safari Classic in 458 Lott for a Brno ZKK 602 in 416 Rigby, truth be told, I just don't like the Mod 70's, I prefer the Brno's, and all my other's are Brno's, so now all the rifles function the same way.

I prefer the 416 Rigby. I'm a smaller guy, 145lbs soaking wet, the 458 Lott was to much gun for me. I was truly amazed at how nice the 416 was to shoot. I'm not saying its a better caliber, I'm saying for me, its a better caliber. After 9 rounds of the Lott, I had a splitting headache (covered range, lots of percussion). I shot 10 416's today (thats all I had a chance to reload) to no ill effect, I could have shot all day if I had ammo loaded.

Granted the Brno is a bit heavier rifle, and it fits me better.

So I guess the answer for me was 416. But I'll be having a 458 Lott built in a Brno soon enough, I have to do something will all the brass and bullets I stockpiled

Contact Us NitroExpress.com