Ripp
(.577 member)
14/02/09 05:55 AM
Re: CZ Safari Classic 550 Quality Issues

Quote:

Just to respond to RIPP - that is my point exactly -- I have dozens of CZ /BRNOs that I never touched - not even the trigger - and they shoot perfectly and wonderfully with no extra effort to them (at -used to be -- a fraction of the cost of "mainstream " rifles. So why is CZ maligned for people who want to do things to them? If a $35,000 English rifle is "better" then a $8000 German one -- then ok. And BTW - look in the custom shops in countries other then the USA and Remington just isnt as common in those shops for custom rifles. You find Mausers, BRNOs, Steyrs, and so on.

We all agree that bad things can occur once in a while to good rifles out of the box - any brand or anyhow- I get way off topic

Please Bigboar keep me advised as to the outcome (even if by PM). I am betting on the ammo being the issue!!

Farshot
I am not really maligning CZ for that...have seen several customs on their actions that work quite well...heck, I own several CZ's as well...so feel I am also qualified on my experience in saying the cz's I do have are very crude in their finished product..on my little 204 you would have to actually hit the action a bit hard each time to get it to chamber the round...in my 17hmr..the extractor broke the 3rd time out..so have not had really good experiences---but they ARE VERY ACCURATE...as I stated before, after getting the action cleaned up on my .204--it shoots every bit as well as the Cooper I have which cost 2's the money...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com