farshot
(.300 member)
14/02/09 01:17 AM
Re: CZ Safari Classic 550 Quality Issues

Just to respond to RIPP - that is my point exactly -- I have dozens of CZ /BRNOs that I never touched - not even the trigger - and they shoot perfectly and wonderfully with no extra effort to them (at -used to be -- a fraction of the cost of "mainstream " rifles. So why is CZ maligned for people who want to do things to them? If a $35,000 English rifle is "better" then a $8000 German one -- then ok. And BTW - look in the custom shops in countries other then the USA and Remington just isnt as common in those shops for custom rifles. You find Mausers, BRNOs, Steyrs, and so on.

We all agree that bad things can occur once in a while to good rifles out of the box - any brand or any make. I hear Rigby is not very good these days .....

BTW -- BRNO/ CZ has been putting that third "lug" doevtailed into the forward part on the lower side of the bbl for 80 years or so. A screw then enters the "lug" throught the forestock. They put it on almost all their rifles. I for one love it. It removes the "free float" concept from the bbl but it gives one a way to adjust the front tension on the bbl and is like an 80 year old bbl resonation system. With mine - I set the tension back and forth with my load to fine tune the poi and they stay that way - well for a long long time.

anyhow- I get way off topic

Please Bigboar keep me advised as to the outcome (even if by PM). I am betting on the ammo being the issue!!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com