FrankS
(.300 member)
13/02/09 08:55 PM
Re: CZ Safari Classic 550 Quality Issues

I've been reading all the posts regarding cz rifles. They are not the only ones with quality control issues. Bought a steyr pro hunter in 30-06. Loved the weird stock and by removing the spacers had a custom length of pull. Rangetime, 1st shot down range, ejected case large wedding band on case about 1/10" above extractor groove. 2nd shot right on top of 1st, same wedding band. 3rd shot same thing. Ok this was something I haven't seen before. Went back to dealer, hop in truck about 5 minutes out of town. % shots different brands, all wedding band. Got a sako 75 on 30-06 (what else) Ist round from mag bullet nose against breech, same for the rest of the 20 or so shots with this rifle. Since I handload lengthen the oal of the cartridge, hasn't missed a beat. Winchester, pitted barrels due to impurities being moved into the bore due to hammer forgeing. Sent one rifle back twice. Remington 700 varmint synthetic, bedding and accuracy problems, sent back to big green. No change, fixed it myself.
The thing is that I could go on about defects on factory firearms. And I think that most manufacturers
do mess up every so often. But with all the craziness going on in the gun world they are turning them out as fast as possible. Heck even my savage 110fp in 308 I had to fill the area under the receiver ring and bed the first 1" or so before she started to shoot reliable groups. I'll never be able to afford a really expensive rifle, but it would be nice that the less expensive ones that I do buy work and shoot as they are supposed to. Today its a given that some tinkering will take place by the owner to get it shoot or function as it should. Maybe we've been accustomed to this. Just my 2 cents worth.
Frank

Contact Us NitroExpress.com