bigboar
(.224 member)
11/02/09 06:47 AM
Re: CZ Safari Classic 550 Quality Issues

I shot the Lott. What fun. I could not wait and another storm rolling in. Stepped outside and found a dry patch of gravel too stand on and lobbed one down onto the stone wall about 50yrds out. Not the safest shot, but that's what I done. Recoil is definately bearable. The CZ 458 may be a tad on the heavy side. Which suits me fine. Well, I popped my 458 cherry. I am almost disappointed in a perverse way, I expected more punishment. Blew a nice chunk of granite off. I wonder how to attach a photo.

farshot got me thinking and I made up a spacer and slid it down the front of the magazine. After a little trimming and shaping, I was able to cycle 15 rounds. None jumped out either? I dont know... Might be I was confused with what gun did what? This maybe ok, with a spacer in the magazine. Is there an accepted method to attach something like that? I would just as soon do it myself. I have flat brass stock, or maybe some epoxy or gorilla glue with black plastic would work?

OH yea, the ammo question. This is Hornady 458 Lott loaded with a flat nose style solid. That flat is what catches the edge of the feed ramp.

I noticed if I cycle the bolt back hard it would stick or bind up. I spent a few minutes working the bolt and its getting a lot smoother. This gun will hold 5 rounds in the magazine and still push feed one in the chamber, for 6 shots. For $999.99 I think this one is a keeper.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com