bigboar
(.224 member)
10/02/09 09:17 AM
Re: CZ Safari Classic 550 Quality Issues

This is the latest on the pair of CZ 550 rifles.

I found the test target for the 458Lott. The was a nice inch and half or so 3 shot group at 50 meters.
My error on that. I looked again, real hard, and no target for the 505gibbs.

I called the main number and spoke to sales and they said every 550 should ship with a target. Maybe that one got lost.

I transferred to the service dept to ask about the 505. First, I asked about test targets. He stated the same. Then I asked about my 505 and he says "EXCEPT the 505. Those are test fired only." NO test targets for the 505Gibbs. I did not ask why. Next we discussed my problem where the ammo will not chamber. I mention it was A square and sample rounds were shipped. They did not look at my gun yet. I will check back later. To avoid any confusion, I did not mention the 458 Lott on this call.

I also called Cabelas today and talked a bit about the 458 Lott feeding. In addition to not feeding sometimes the round will pop right out of the magazine. The sales guy had a theory it could be I have a 416 magazine. That would be setup for fatter 416 cases. Interesting? I had to go out to work. I plan to call CZ service and talk about the Lott feeding and ask how to identify magazines - or if that idea makes sense. Cabelas recommended I let them ship the gun back. They said they had very good customer satisfaction with the 550 rifles and was surprised I got 2 for 2 problems. Well, I am surprised too.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com