450_366
(.400 member)
08/02/09 06:13 PM
Re: CZ Safari Classic 550 Quality Issues

Quote:

Quote:

Neither gun came with a test target. I just double check my file folder to be sure. This is very odd indeed. You have a target with your 416.

I do indeed have a test target that came with my 416. It's entirely in Czech, of course, but it's clear what information it was intended to convey. It was shot at 100 meters, is stamped with the rifle's chambering, has my rifle's serial no. written in the appropriate field, and it's signed and stamped by an inspector.

This is very odd. That a manufacturer would lower its QC standards for its most expensive models, below what it maintains for its lower end products. It isn't that CZ doesn't know how to build a rifle or maintain a certain quality level. It's just a matter of consistently doing what the company has demonstrated it already knows how to do.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer let quality slip. The same thing happened at S&W, Colt, and Winchester. Poor QC is one of the stated reasons USRAC quit manufacturing rifles in New Haven.

They do build 416 in their own magnum range at cz so its not that strange, but i think peter is right about the big ones.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com