9.3x57
(.450 member)
08/02/09 10:50 AM
Re: CZ Safari Classic 550 Quality Issues

Quote:

The inletting was obviously completed by someone with a chain saw and the entire piece is generally crude.

I forgot to mention I am dead certain a banana was used as a template for the fore stock profiling...

the action is basically very strong and with some de-horning and smoothing would be great.

As I mentioned in my thread on my 6.5x55-to-9.3x62 project, on top of all my feed work I did, my bolt stuck in the back position after a time and had to be sort-of jiggled to go forward. Locking lugs were not beveled properly so I introduced them to Mr Dremel and after a while I got that sorted out. The mechanical mayhem I put up with to get it where it is today is frightful, but the gun is now dead reliable, truly controlled feed and working the action nearly feels like a Krag. I really like it. Had I not been inclined to work on it, the thing would have cost a lot of money to get right or would have been better served as a tomato stake. No gun of whatever price should have ever left the factory like mine did.

Fellows, does anyone know if CZ550's have ever been purchased by any African game departments??? If so, in what calibers, and has anyone seen one close enough to know if it is more than a single shot held together by duct tape?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com