bigboar
(.224 member)
08/02/09 06:52 AM
Re: CZ Safari Classic 550 Quality Issues

ChinaFleet...

The 505 ammo from Cabelas was A Square. I also had one round that had been formed from 577 Bell brass. I forgot who did that, I just picked up one round to show my friends. But that extra round was something to give me confidence the A Square was sized correctly. Cabelas can special order anything you need, but it turned out they just happened to have to boxes in the Gun Library room. The 505 A square is or was listed on their web site.

Neither gun came with a test target. I just double check my file folder to be sure. This is very odd indeed. You have a target with your 416.

Yes, you have a point about the Safari Classic thats $3k and the almost identical American is $1k. The difference you ask? First is the sling stud is mounted on the bbl as opposed to the stock. Second is the wood is better. Not fancy and not even as nice as Ruger, but a definite step up on the wood. The shape of the stock is identical. Same sights, same magazine depth, same trigger and even same recoil pad same finish and checkering. The 505 does boast multiple recoil damping devices. I had assumed these guns would be given some extra TLC, but apparently they offer calibers not available else where and you pay for the limited demand special runs. And in the case of 505 extra measures to dampen the recoil.

Keep in mind that not only did the 505 fail to chamber but the bore was rough and scratched the cases when only partially chambered. Although a different standard for ammo would explain a lot. I sent two rounds to Kansas City. The shipping was handled by the dealer who ordered the gun for me. So; if he did his job they got sample ammo, shipped separately.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com