Rusty
(.333 member)
27/03/04 03:58 AM
Re: .404 Jeffrey available from Winchester

Well, let's see now, 3+10 carry the 1. . . .
Can't say I've put a pencil to all the parts, but let's narrow it a bit.

Montana 1999 Long Action RH #423 $350.00
Lothar-Walther .423 Magnum Sporter Contoured barrel, shipped 201.00 (I have 2 of these)
A very nice, Black Walnut stock from Robert Watts at WattsWalnut $200.00 (I own 3 of his blanks)

John's services plus sights, bands, bluing, truing, stocking and checkering around $1,600. I'm sure there will be shipping charges.

Now that's not counting the BELL 404 Jeffery Brass, CH4 dies, or Woodleigh bullets and powder.

So around a $2,500 bill for a custom made to order rifle that will fit me.

To tell you the truth, the greatest pleasure in all of this has been talking with John, Robert, Woody at Lothar-Walther, the good folks at CH, and Dan at Montana and getting all the pieces together.

Not sure when the rifle will be ready. John is going to mount the barreled action in a try stock and send it to me to shoot. When we started this project, I told John that the one thing he would never get, is a phone call from me asking, "Where's my rifle?" I know John to be a good man and I admire the man's work and I figure when he get's it ready, then I'll get it!

When the Montana Left hand Long Actions are shipped, then John has another project for my buddy. A surprise!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com