NONE
(.300 member)
09/03/04 10:06 AM
Re: Opinions on .458 Lott

The Lott will hammer the hell out of you there is no question about it and off the bench its pretty bad, good thing is since I don't carry a bench with me hunting I do very little shooting from there. Now keep in mind I have yet to fire this rifle in anger at a moving bite back.

Freehand its a beast but doable now for qualification I am a pretty big guy and much younger then most here, my rifle has two recoil reducers a decel pad and a AHR X break one of the best looking and most effective breaks I have shot with. I can fire in about any conceivable position and the first 7-10 rounds are not bad considering, after that the blood running out of your nose tends to affect your shooting. I suggest you try one before buying one as Ray said its not for everyone and on the edge of what I can shoot effectively, I have no macho reason for trying to shoot to much rifle and I suggest you shoot what works for you they all kill well with proper placement and bullets.

I have tried a .577nitro and its just not for me the one I fired was light and that my friend is to much rifle for this guy, that said I hit what I was shooting at just I had to open my eyes to make sure I hit it.

James F. Nixon III

Contact Us NitroExpress.com