bigmaxx
(.375 member)
02/08/08 01:39 PM
Re: Opinions on .458 Lott

Quote:

Thanks ovny and bigmaxx. I'm reboring my 375 H&H to 470 Capstick and shortening the barrel to 22" which should be about the same recoil as the Lott. The 470 Capstick shoots a 500g bullet at 2400 fps out of a 26" barrel so should be about 2300 fps full bore out of my 22" barrel. I have the same scope as you do bigmaxx with Talley QR rings. My 470 Capstick should weigh in at 9.5 lbs without scope/rings and 10.5 lbs with. I can always add weight if recoil is a bit too much. I'm still a few years away from my first African DG safari, but the rifle should be something on elk, and mule deer here in Colorado until then...

Thanks much,

Chuck

Sounds like a real cool transformation. I really like the 500 grain A-Frame at 2150 from the lott. Super accurate too. They shoot real close to point of impact of the factory loads. I can shoot the pet A-Frame load out of the barrel and back my shot with factory solids in the magazine if I want too. I am taking the Lott with these loads to Zimbabwe the 29th of this month to use on buffalo. My first trip to Africa! I let you know how the combo performs. Doing my final loading for the lott this weekend.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com