NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
10/10/23 07:47 PM
Re: BGRC Nationals 2023

Back home in town last night after a pleasant sunny drive back over Western Victoria and Eastern SA yesterday. Back to the farm tomorrow. Got stuff to do with my Dad tomorrow though, 96, dementia has set in, he's off to a nursing home. Govt want a many pounds of flesh for the nursing fees.

It was nice to drive in daylight! I should do it more. Good rains over winter meant usually dry brown country was green. A bushfire burning at Monarto where our SA BGRC range is, but North of the road not South. Only was getting started, blackened bush north from the road, probably some dickhead throwing out a cigarette butt out a window. Maybe 300 metres wide already burning several hundred metres northwards,

I drove over Friday night, midnight start, aimed to arrive prior to the 8:30am briefing, 8:50, but the briefing was at 9:30am, so I was early. Not bad for 8.25 hours worth of driving.

Slept in my swag in the carpark Saturday night, and on the range Sunday night. Decided to save money and not stay in a motel or B&B. Cold Sat night but not wet.it did rain during the week.

Good to meet Matt/Waidmannsheil, JVW, mchughcb, and Mark. Anyone 3kse? No one ever tells me they're a member and their alias. Graeme Wright was there, lots of the other BGRC Vic members some who come to most nationals. Eight or so interstate attendees. One from WA, a big effort, as was Mick from NT. One from SA. Two from Qld (?). For from NSW. One from Tas. Twenty six or twenty seven from Vic. An issue with nationals is always the long distance to get to one, and the cost. Retired guys can take their time getting there.

Next year the nationals might be in SA. Internationals in Darwin again scheduled. International shooters, take note, make plans for 2024.

I wasn't fussed about shooting, thought about not even doing it, and should have done that. i.e. seeing my results, but better to pull the trigger and burn some powder. As I didn't get to reloading prior, scrounged odd ammo to shoot. Pretty abdysnal results. I need to shoot with the open sights more as well. Shooting at 100 yards with coarse open sights for me is a lucky shot to hit the black. The beads often are larger than the target, the black at least. Got to practice! I might use a scope next time. Getting a penalty is better than a miss. Holes roughly where they should be a more personally satisfying as well.

Some of the guts shoot amazing scores.

I think the "DG" shoots are good fun. Closer and faster.

Will make additional comments. And add photos if I can convert my large SLR images. Might have to use the wife's PC, my tablet won't cope,

Contact Us NitroExpress.com