NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
05/08/12 02:51 AM
Re: Australian Big Game rifle Club Nationals, Tasmania 28/7/12

Hi 450

Looking forward to putting an alias to a name. Looking forward to your CD of photos. No doubt there will be some good ones among them. I think more than a couple will go up in the end. I have yet to go through my photos, and may get to it tomorrow on Sunday if lucky. My video footage will need some work on it.

Hey, I've a new 7D myself now too. My old camera is packed away with some moisture crystals trying to dry it out ...

Congratulations to the guys and their good shooting. Too many of the same people going up to collect the trophies. We need some new faces up there in Darwin next year.

Personally I had fun just shooting and seeing others shoot. Some of the scores and the number of shots all in the black from a variety of rifles, ranges and styles (rapid fire was impressive.

Well done and thanks to Barry Evans for all his hard work and the other Tasmanians and other members who hosted and worked for the shoot.

Was good to meet member Alex Beer again, and also 9.3x74R (I think the alias is)/Phil for the first time. I had corresponded with Andrew Hepner in the past re loads for my .450 so good to meet him as well. Graeme Wright of course again and also Geoff MacDonald too. Lots of other guys.

Also had a chat with Ernie Stahlmann of the US, who I thought was the guy I corresponded with re the US BGRC in the past, but evidently it must have been Jerry, his wife, who was also present, but unfortunately I never chatted to her this time. The other US visitor, was the "Sheriff" a nice gentlemen from South Dakota. The US team came third (?) I think in the States comp.

Will get some photos up tomorrow at least to start with.

Hopefully we will hear from some of our "quiet" BGRC members on this thread.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com