Bigfive
(Sponsor)
09/10/07 10:39 PM
Re: Becoming a PH?

Hi Sam,

I have my professional hunting registration here in South Africa. There are thousands like me who been there done it and got the T-Shirt but who is not active in the hunting industry. I do a lot of work for local guys and do a lot of my shooting/hunting by the means of culling and not by guiding clients on hunts. I believe what I am doing now gives me more experiance than doing the client bit. I got a couple of friends overseas who I will accompany on hunts when they are in South Africa.
To be honest it is really not an easy trade and even more difficult to get into. My advise is to try and get in with a ZIM or Botswana company as they are really strict on their registrations and training. In South Africa it is really easy to get a PH license.

Remember everythng about being a PH is hard work. But if you are a hunter by heart and it is your passion then nothing in the world must stop you from persuing this dream. I'll keep my ears on the ground for something and if I hear anything I'll let you know.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at any time.

Please send me a Private message with all your contact details.

Cheers
Bigfive

O and by the way, don't expect to start off with the big $$$$. You might just get sweet buggerall for the first couple of months.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com