Ripp
(.577 member)
29/08/07 10:10 PM
Re: Beware!!!! Large Zimbabwe outfitter doesnt deliver

I had hunt there in 2004 with Lloyd Yateman of Chipimbi Safarie in Zim--one of the worst experiences I ever had--there was three of us in camp--for the first 3 days of the hunt--one of our group could not hunt because their vehicles were broken down--the others we had to push in the morning to get started--we constantly had to work on them during the day to keep them running--

I was paying for a dangerous game hunt--buff and leopard..was there a total of 21 days--never saw a buffalo or a leopard in that time period--Lloyds brother Kent--was my PH and he was a bigger blow hole than Lloyd--and yes we were also paying "hard earned cash" to go with these guys...

Having said that they offered to let me come back the next year for $250 per day to have another try--so I booked another hunt to follow on the heals of this one and took them up on their offer--ended up shooting a very large buffalo--however the biggest reason I took them up on the second hunt was because I figured this was as inexpensive as I was going to find and as I was going to be there anyway, I gave it another 12 days of my life--risky, I know but it eventually worked out..I think what had happened is they were possibly out of quota and drove us around in hopes of keeping me entertained with shooting plains game--which I did for the first 7 days..

I realize that this is all part of the experience and that Zim is going through really tough times however, as mentioned in the earlier posts--they certainly were not bashful in asking for the money and yes "tips" when the first hunt was over...again--I was paying a very handsome daily rate in addition to the trophy fees..

Now with a bit more experience and time under my belt, there is NO way in hell I would go with them again. period..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com