Double_Trouble
(.375 member)
21/06/07 09:57 PM
Re: Lion attack!!

no question about it...first blood gets the kill!

we had an instance a few years back where my friend shot a bull moose and it was destined to fall soon enough but another hunter in our goup (but not any longer) had the wounded moose stagger by his watch whereby he finished it off and then proceeded to claim the game.

he insisted that the moose was his as he put the final shot into it...my friend protested albeit in a low key manner and finally let the other hunter have the rack as the meat is always split evenly amongst the hunters.

the next season the rack from the bull was still sitting in this guys yard wasting away on top of his wood pile...when we left the town to go back home after that hunt, the rack was gone, I know that we didnt take it but I am pretty sure that other locals, after hearing the story of how the classless hunter came by the rack, took care of business....on my friends behalf. you shouldnt screw guys ever and you especially should never do it in a small town!

first shot gets the quarry and if you helped with the kill good for you, thats why we call each other hunting buddies and not hunting competitors.

DT

Contact Us NitroExpress.com