Kalunga
(.333 member)
07/06/07 05:08 AM
Re: Buffalos : what kind of trophy hunter are You ?

9ThreeXFifty7, I totally agree with You although I have to remind You that the "typical" statements were not my opinion but from PHs or hunting guides from Zimbabwe, RSA and the Czech Republic.
I have hunted a couple of times in the US but don`t feel that I have the right to judge the American hunters. But being German I can tell You about the typical German hunter : he has a big four wheel drive, a big wallet and a big belly ! And the typical hunt here means You drive with Your 4WD as close as possible to Your high-seat, climb it and just wait for any shootable animal. Then You shoot it.
For me that`s more shooting than hunting and therefore I love hunting in Africa, as long as plenty of walking is involved. And I had many wounderful hunts without shooting anything ! But since the Germans are number one in the obesity charts of Europe, there are few hunters here like me. In fact I don`t know a single one that is happy walking 30 miles a day in the heat or cold.
And so many hunters here are jealous if You get a nice trophy so I prefer to hunt on my own.
Thank You for Your honesty !

Kalunga

Contact Us NitroExpress.com