PTinMT
(.224 member)
18/04/07 02:13 AM
Re: Save yourself some grief.

Oh, hi my name is X and I'm a hunt-a-holic...

I Ghost ride a few web sights and mostly read whatever others have to say as I find I either learn something or if it's just some fools rant it's not worth my typing time.

Having been in the outfitting business for a bit this subject interests me a bit more thatn others and I feel that I could have some insight that some other readers, who've been on the client end mostly, might enjoy hearing.

The less often seen post is the "I was screwed by so-n-so post" I wonder if anyone has ever found a "Is this PH OK?" post that later is linked to a "I was violated, completely duped, I'm outraged! posting? I remember a few months ago on another site there was a particularly nasty bit about a less than satisfactory hunt that seemed to have been booked in "the fog". Lots of name calling by both sides, the PH in question had some vigorious defenders that took great umbridge at the "slander" directed at their man in africa by the alledged injured party. I read the thread for weeks and over ten pages as it played out, secondary threads were started ranting about sub-aspects of the first thread. Total bloody soap-opera.

What I learned from this was that the "victum" having done no research into the PH, the PH's area or even the problems often encountered hunting the #1 target species, "thought" things should have been conducted differently. This even though the victum had never hunted said species before. If I recall correctly the money involved was in the $15K to $20K range, without any trophy fees. Absolutely amazing. Forget how it was resolved as I eventually lost interest. Always easier to be the victum than the fool, my grandmother was right about that.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com