NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
26/01/04 11:00 PM
Mozambique - a forgotten hunting ground?

I'm intrigued by Mozambique.

It once produced huge tuskers and was once one of the key places to take a top trophy - correct me if I'm wrong. Huge herds of buffalo, lion, multitudes of plains game. Crocodiles galore.

Hunters such as Harry Manners professional hunted there and took many elephant and buffalo.

Then decades of civil war, first revolution against the Portuguese, then, as usual, black on black. With war came natural disasters such as flood and drought. Reports were the game was slaughtered wholesale and nothing was left.

But from reports there is still good hunting territory there and good safaris can still be had. But it doesn't seem to get much "press" and publicity. Any reasons for this? I know a lot of locals hunt there and even more holiday on the coast, on beach holidays and fishing trips.

What is the food like, is there still an element of the old Mozambique culinary combination of Macau, Africa, Goa and Portugal?

On the hunting anyone who can provide more info - prices, game available, quality of game, any specific species that can only be hunted there, hunting conditions and anything else would be much appreciated.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com