EricD
(.416 member)
15/03/07 07:59 PM
Re: Big Game Hunting in Guinea - any advice ?

Kalunga,

If it's a good deal (and there are actually animals in the area you'll be hunting!), I agree it's a great idea to try it out rather than hunt in the usual southern african countries. One of my regrets is that I did not drive into Guinea while passing only 50 km from the border at one time while in neighbouring Mali. I met several people in west africa that had spent some time in Guinea (this was back in 2002), and they all had positive things to say about the country and the people. Despite a lot of police checkpoints on the rugged roads, and bureaucracy. But no worse than in most other nearby countries. However, since this is now some years ago, and things change quickly in Africa, things may have changed for the worse or even gotten better for that sake.

One thing that most likely has not changed is that it is still quite dangerous in the southern part of Guinea, due to diamond smuggling from Sierra Leone and Liberia. This does not affect the northern part of the country though as far as I know.

I hope you will fill us in with more info when you find out more!

Erik

Contact Us NitroExpress.com