shakari
(.400 member)
02/03/07 03:19 PM
Re: Kuduland Safaris Tanzania Buff hunt

Bwana,

We recently replied to a hunt enquiry similar to your query and I'll use that to clarify the EXACT costs. My additional comments are in CAPITALS - (I couldn't make the font colour change!)

The 2x1 hunt price of US$11550 per hunter includes the first buffalo trophy fee and charter costs, as well as all Government taxes. So the only extra expenses regarding the actual hunt will be for additional trophy fees on
animals you take from the 7 day licence (2nd buffalo + plains game), firearm permit at US$200/firearm and tips.

Other expenses to budget for would be your international air travel, THESE ARE VARIABLE, BUT TRY KATHY KLIMES OR GRACY TRAVEL. Tanzania visa, I BELIEVE THIS IS US$50 PP FROM THE USA, airport tax (US$20pp), USUALLY INCLUDED IN YOUR TICKET PRICE, ammo tax (approx US$30/100 rounds), NOT ALWAYS PAYABLE, IT SEEMS TO DEPEND ON INDIVIDUAL CUSTOMS OFFICER, insurance, hotel accommodation in Dar before hunt and possibly after, depending on your airline schedule (approx US$150/per room/night inc. breakfast) other meals and drinks are not included, medical vaccinations and malaria prophylaxis, YOUR DOMESTIC HEALTH INSURANCE MIGHT WELL PROVIDE THIS FREE OF CHARGE, trophy shipping etc, WE INCLUDE DIP AND PACK AND TRANSFER OF TROPHIES TO DAR ES SALAAM IN THE PACKAGE PRICE, INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT SHIPPING IS AT YOUR COST. Taxidermy set-up - and any additional safari activities/tours. THESE ARE IF YOU WANT TO GO ON A PHOTO TOUR OF SERENGETI ETC.

TRANSFERS BETWEEN AIRPORT - HOTEL- AIRPORT ARE US$10 PP EACH WAY AND THE HOTEL ADD THIS TO YOUR BILL.

IN OTHER WORDS, AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, WE'VE QUOTED YOU AN 'ALL IN' PRICE THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NO HIDDEN COSTS WHATSOEVER. - YOU'LL BE HUNTING THE SELOUS RESERVE WHICH IS A TOTALLY UNFENCED TRUE WILDERNESS AREA - IN FACT, THE LARGEST ONE IN THE WORLD.

hOPE YOU DON'T MIND ME POINTING OUT THAT I NOTICED YOU'D ALLOWED US$200 FOR TIPS. - TIPS ARE ALWAYS AT THE CLIENT'S DISCRETION, BUT I'D SUGGEST YOU HAVE UNDERESTIMATED THESE FOR THE HUNT ITSELF. PERHAPS OTHER FORUM MEMBERS MIGHT LIKE TO SUGGEST WHAT IS MORE CUSTOMARY.

I APOLOGISE FOR CAPITALS WHICH IS USUALLY CONSIDERED ILL MANNERED ON INTERNET FORUMS. - I TRIED TO PUT MY COMMENTS IN LOWER CASE RED, BUT COULDN'T MAKE IT WORK....

Contact Us NitroExpress.com