NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
26/10/06 06:12 PM
Recommend an Outfitter - Ndumo Safaris, Namibia

Ndumo Safaris, Karl Stumpfe

Ndumo Safaris prinicpal is Karl Stumpfe. I hunted with Ndumo and Karl in Namibia in August 2006 this year in the Kalahari and in near Windhoek for plains game.

I actually did not intend to hunt in Namibia and was primarily hunting cow elephant in the Zambezi Valley with a holiday planned afterwards in South Africa with my wife, with the hope of some pig hunting for a day or two while in South Africa. I mentioned I might also be interested in springbok and gemsbok and also hunting Namibia one day and when Karl heard about this he invited me to hunt with him in Namibia and planned a hunting safari to meet my wishes. We ended up deciding on a hunt for springbok and gemsbok in the Kalahari because I always wanted to hunt there, but he also urged me to hunt near Windhoek and in the end he convinced me, to my benefit.

Karl and Ndumo are also able to arrange safaris in South Africa and Zimbabwe where he also arranges hunts as the PH with a Zimbabwean outfitter primarily in the Zambezi Valley, including buffalo and elephant. Another possible concession elsewhere in the future was discussed and I hope it works out as it would make an excellent additional area for great hunts.

As the outfitter AND the PH you are dealing with one guy and know what you arrange with the outfitter will happen because they are the one and the same guy. Everything was organised as planned, the accomodations exceeded what was arranged.

Karl promised me the food at the Gochas accomodation which was a small country hotel would be excellent and I was not disappointed. The chef and co-owner was a lady who had won the award for the best chef in Namibia that year, and even simple requests for food were done extravagantly in a gourmet fashion. Lunches were more simple, but could be gourmet pies, sandwiches, and some freshly braaied chops, steaks or sausages cooked under a tree in the desert dunes. Karl seeing my winemaking and vineyard background arranged some very nice South African wines to try as well as excellent Namibian beers with the meals and in the evenings.

The accomodations were comfortable, neat and cool. Both accomodations had swimming pools if the client has the time or desire, and were especially suitable if a family safari was planned. No problem in bringing a wife or children along. In fact I am of the opinion Namibia would make an ideal location for a first safari or a family safari, as the countryside while often wild desert is civilised and quite Western in feel. It did not feel a lot unlike home in the Australian outback in the Southern parts I visited.

My disappointment was not arranging a longer safari and visiting some of the Northern properties and concessions which Karl has, where he also has elephant and buffalo on licence, and also visiting parks like Etosha and some of the other tourist sites in Namibia. But however a future trip will be planned.

As many people often ask whom to hunt with on NitroExpress.com I am always eager to find good reputable outfitters in the various hunting regions around the world to be able to recommend, and I'm happy to recommend Ndumo Safaris for Namibia. Having personally hunted with Karl and Ndumo Safaris I can add my my personal experiences to that recommendation.

Contact details:

Ndumo Hunting Safaris
Karl Stumpfe

Tel: +27(0)82 7744 334
Tel: +27(0)82 5766 773
Fax: +27 (0) 51 446 1557 or +27 (0) 51 444 1012

P.O.Box 38945
Langenhovenpark, 9330
South Africa

Email: info@huntingsafaris.net

Karl's profile page on NitroExpress.com

I will add some photos to this post soon. See also the comments made in a post in the "Recommended PH" thread listing.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com