Bakes
(.375 member)
28/12/03 12:21 AM
Re: Guide Ethics

As Nitro said I've never used a guide, but might one day. I like the fact that everything I've done I've done by myself, but I would like to get into deer hunting and if I have to I will use a guide. I would like to think that my guide would give me 100% effort and show me a monster stag if one was around, if not well he can just say "well there's no huge ones around but there is some nice big 5x5's or 4x5'x. I'm not begrudging anybody using the services of a guide, an its not "my way or the Highway" Its "what ever floats your boat" My post was not intended to have a go at anybody it was just to spark conversation.

But since we are on the subject here are MY
own code of ethics.

1. Canned hunts- If you want to do it fine, just don't say your a hunter, your a shooter!
2. Getting the guide to shoot the thing and you sitting behind it. Its been done and its bullshit.
3. Shooting game from a vehicle. I've shot foxes/rabbits/hares and pigs out spotlighting but I'll call it what it is, its shooting not hunting.
4. Trucking in an animal, keep it locked up and thirsty then release it near a waterhole for the client to shoot. Thats crap.
5. Poaching. Flying in a client by chopper, into someone else's land and shooting an animal. Thats crap as well.
6. Buying heads and claiming them as your own. Give me a break.

There MY ethics, If someones into that sort of thing, good on them.

We Australians don't give respect out easily, you only have to look at the way we treat our pollies. If someone big notes himself, and is found out to be all bullshit, we tend to wash our hands of them. This is especially true in the hunting community. We don't care about if a bloke has huge trophys on the wall, we just care if the bloke is fair dinkum.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com