SafariHunt
(.333 member)
07/08/06 04:57 PM
Re: A new hunter !

Even though some of the photos are the same or from the same animals and trophies I enjoyed this hunt very much. And I'm especially honored to bring a new hunter to the field. Hopefully in a couple of years time my son will go the same path and bag his first animal.

What Christer did however left from his post his that the shot on the impala ewe was perfectly executed. She almost dropped on the spot on the heart shot. What was also a bonus is that Alexander could follow the ewe untill she dropped 50 meters further without the worry of her being wounded.

The warthog what can I say I think this photo shows the real size of this hog. You don't find warthogs this size around every bush. This was a diffcult shot as it was a angled shot and time was short I could see that he sensed us and we had to let fly. But without hesitation Alexander let fly as soon as I gave him the go ahead. The hit looked very good and after the video replay we saw the bullet didn't exit. We tracked him for about 150meters before I started to worry about the trcaks with so many numerous warthog tracks around the area. I told Christer to stand and wait and had a hunch that the tracks I followed suddenly veered to the right and that it could be him. And voila the warthog was lying facing us 50 meters from where I left Christer them. Not a speck of blood the whole way the bullet entered in the shoulder from the front at an angle taking out both lungs. A perfectly exucuted shot again

Just another pic of the warthog sow I shot I think we took great care in taking great photos which makes the trip so much more rewarding. Doesn't she look peacefull and dignified ?

After the great kudus gave us the slip I decided to move to another area and look for red hartebeest I think Hans Olof saw a red hartebeest on his second day of the hunt and that is when he decided to have one since thay are such great animals. Spotting impalas a mere 30 meters from us we took a stand ebhind a raisin bush looking for a good impala ram when suddenly Hans Olof took my attetion to the left where a darker bodied animal was grazing at frist glance I thought it was a old impala ram but then saw the horns and told Hans olof to take him. The hartbees was standing in a bit of a depression making him impala height giving me a scare as well on the body size but teh horns didn't lie. Hans olof acted quickly and bagged this magnificent bull he was old but his points never started to grow horisontal instead keeping high and pointed very unique.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com